Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not Ready For This

January 6, 2011

Today Tom and I spent a fair amount of time emailing each other about Tommy's upcoming high school application and references.  He is applying to Brophy, where Tom went.  An all-male Jesuit high school.  I am probably the most invested in him attending for reasons I can't quite articulate.  It just seems to be such an amazing opportunity to make lifelong friendships, get an outstanding education, learn to serve others, and just have an amazing high school experience.  My own high school experience was, honestly, awful.  Too much drama and insecurity and not enough direction or expectations.
But, back to Tommy.  We have the interview lined up, the entrance exam is Saturday, and all requests for recommendations are out.  All that is left to do is Tommy's own essay.  His first attempt was rather pitiful.  In essence, it said: my dad went to Brophy and I hope to go college.  That'll get him in for sure!!  Ha.
I am sure he will improve after a little more cajoling.
You can read about Brophy here.  Who wouldn't want to go here?

Karen

No comments: