Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Grace

April 23, 2013

Miss Grace has been under the weather lately.  I think its bad allergies.  The strep test was negative.  She sounds very congested and is really tired.  Every so often she rallies and dances around the house, but mostly she's been lazy and stuffy since Thursday.
Then tonight tears over having to face lunchroom drama at school tomorrow.  Apparently there is a new seating arrangement at middle school.  Six to a table, and there are more than six, but less than 12 girls she wants to sit with.  Grace goes to the nurse at lunch with a friend who takes meds every day, so by the time they come to the cafeteria, no seats available.  One queen bee has declared that no one is allowed to save seats and I guess the rest of the bees just follow along, so Grace and her friend sit at a different table.  It seems all the other girls they might otherwise sit with also have full tables.  This causes Grace  and perhaps her friend much angst.
I've suggested that other friends take turns going to the nurse and sitting elsewhere - which would fix Grace's problem, but do no good for her friend.  Grace said no one else will go.  I said tell the queen bee it's ok to save seats.  Again, that's a 45 year old's solution to a tween problem, so not acceptable.  As I type this, I just thought of suggesting that they go to the nurse after they eat.  I'm sure that won't work for some reason, but I am going to go suggest it now.
I am so glad I am 45 and not 12 or even any age before 40 for that matter.


No comments: